View Cart (0 items)

Infection Control

February 2013 Feature 2

Becoming A Certified Germ Killer

Having the right tools, the proper equipment and ample desire is not enough when lives are on the line; thorough training and continued education are major factors in the infection control equation.

While some companies and facilities have taken active steps to develop internal training and certification programs, there are several organizations that can provide effective curriculum resources and help educate workers.

Read More
February 2013 Issue Is Available

The CM/Spotlight: Infection Control Is Live

The February edition of Cleaning & Maintenance Management magazine, our annual CM/Spotlight: Infection Control, is now available for you to click through and enjoy.

Read More
February 2013 Cleanthoughts

Resisting The Omnipresent Onslaught

Visual reminders that reinforce the significance of hygienically clean hands can help us all maintain good health and avoid the consequences.

We are taught from a very young age that clean hands are important; as children, we are instructed to wash them before eating, after visiting the restroom, following contact with sick individuals and any time they appear dirty.

Read More
January 2013 Cleanthoughts

I'll Take Mine With A Side Of Tamiflu

Beating the effects of influenza is a crapshoot; luckily, I'm a gambling man.

This year’s influenza season is off to an unusually early start and, as officials warn of a particularly virulent flu variant, many Americans unlucky enough to succumb to the virus will be sicker than in years past.

Read More
January 2013 Raising Standards

Piecing Together The Measurement Puzzle

Finding a place for measurement technology in your organization's management system.

Some cleaning organizations may see the value in using ATP-based monitoring systems to detect and measure ATP on surfaces as a method of ensuring facilities are being cleaned properly.

Read More
CMM Online Exclusive

Remedying Sick Building Syndrome With Green Cleaning

Similar to outdoor pollution, an unhealthy interior environment can have a negative impact on your overall health and wellbeing.

Since conventional cleaning products have been recognized as contributors to indoor air quality problems, creating healthy indoor spaces starts by limiting the introduction of unnecessary pollutants.

Read More