Michael B. Smith, Training Supervisor and Cleaning Educator at Western Washington University, was selected as the June 2014 Cleaning Mangement Institute (CMI) Member of the Month.
Smith was nominated for this special recognition due to his dedication to both custodial staff and cleaning industry training.
Smith was selected based on the following reasons.
- Smith has always found a special delight in taking his custodial staff to the next, higher level in both professionalism and process.
- He has emphasized the need for ongoing continuous training of both staff and leadership levels and has successfully lead more than 40 of his staff through the CMI Basic course and over 30 through the CMI Advanced course.
- Smith is also an author and has published manuals on the Introduction to High Performance Cleaning/Orientation as well a “germ “ manual highlighting the cleaning and sanitizing properties of water and microfibers combined.
- Smith has always been a keen observer of the cleaning industry and brings this curiosity to his department with new and innovative strategies to defend clients' health by providing the latest and most effective cleaning methods and processes.
- He teaches four to five classes per week during the school quarter and is involved in the project process and applications during the summer quarters.
Congratulations to Michael B. Smith on being selected as the CMI Member of the Month for June 2014.